Thursday 28 May 2015

Mr Sun

We've had some wonderful weather of late and since the temperature has been up, so has my mood. Dev has finally gotten his business started, so he's up in the office during the day and I'm left alone with the girls. Which is actually rather terrifying.

It gets to me some days. I mean, I wanted this. I really wanted to be a SAHM, I looked forward to spending days at home with my children, nurturing them, baking cookies, etc. And when Dev first went to work when L was about 8 months old, that's what I did! I felt great, I was organised, but now there's two of them. And two is turning out to be harder than I ever imagined. L is going through a stroppy phase (dare I say terrible twos?) and F is high needs simply as a result of being 7 months old, and therefore almost entirely dependent on me. I feel like I spend my days being tag teamed by them as I desperately try too tidy the mess created by my toddler (which she promptly re-creates the instant I sit down to feed F) Or I try to start dinner and L will, need the toilet, or F will want a toy that's out of reach, or one (or both) will want a drink or a snack. I actually managed to clean my bathroom the other day! Admittedly it took me 2 hours of doing it in 5 minute bursts, but still! I actually achieved something!

I still feel like I'm barely keeping afloat most days, but baby steps are better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment